The Duo

The Duo

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Can't Help but Love You

It's been quite a while since I've sat down and written a blog post, mainly because I have been running around like a mad woman in preparation for the arrival of our son these last few months, and have had absolutely no inspiration to write about anything but him. However each and every time that I start to write anything it comes out all wrong (I call pregnancy brain) and I end up deleting everything and just giving up. There are so many thoughts floating around in my head but I cannot seem to get them to translate onto paper; or in this case web document.

I feel like all I'm good at these days is napping, eating, and lounging. Seriously though, my body aches all the time, my feet are swollen up like balloons, and I haven't had a decent night's sleep in months. This tank is running on empty, and I am losing my mind.


I've heard it said that the third trimester is all about endurance; truer words have never been spoken. At this stage in the game (I'm 37 weeks!) I feel like a swollen up milk machine with really bad eye bags. Not to mention the mood swings have been hitting me full force this last week and I seem to cry about everything all over again, which just makes those eye bags worse. Yay hormones! Luckily I have an incredible support system in my husband, Ryan. In the moments where I feel like I am truly a basket case, he seems to always have a way of making me laugh and taking my mind off of whatever it is that has me feeling like an emotional wreck. If he thinks I'm crazy, he's never let me believe it and has always made me feel a little bit closer to sanity than I probably actually am. He's a real keeper.


After working 60 hours a week, this man still comes home to help me with dishes, laundry, dinner, you name it. He takes time to make sure that I have help when I need it, even if I've been home all day and had all the time in the world to get things done. He's such a giver in so many ways, and I could not be more in love with him for it. His heart is incredible, and I am so grateful to God that he's mine forever.

Honey, thank you for rubbing my feet, massaging my shoulders, and taking care of my emotional needs even when I make our world a little bit crazy. I love you with everything that I am, and will continue to love you for as long as I live.

-Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. You are an incredible young women! I agree you have a keeper in Ryan. You will both make fantastic parents. Thanks for sharing. This uncomfortable time will soon be forgotten, and we'll worth it. I have some things for Baby Jack. Will you be at church here in Omak tomorrow? I can understand if you don't make it. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Connie!
    Sorry for such a late response, I didn't get notified of the comment here for some reason.
    It was wonderful to see you at church while we were able to visit home for the weekend. Thank you so much for the baby things for Jack. :)
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete