The Duo

The Duo

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Blue-eyed Boy

Well, it happened - my husband and I finally welcomed our beautiful baby boy into the world on August 7th, 2017. Jack Taylor Carnahan was welcomed into our family at 3:58 in the morning after just under 6 hours of labor from start to finish. Our little man weighed in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces, even with being 2 weeks earlier than expected, and is the happiest, most even tempered baby that there ever was. (I'm not biased at all.) ;)

Before Jack was born, Ryan and I had decided that I would give birth at home, and I had decided many, many years ago that I wanted to have a natural birth. Thankfully for us there were no complications with my pregnancy, and we were able to go ahead with the birth as planned. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for birthing our first child into the world. Our midwife was amazing, my husband was an incredible support to me through all of the pain, and we ended up with a perfect and healthy little bundle when all was said and done. We could not be more thankful for a smooth and quick delivery without any complications.

Since day one of finding out that we were going to have a baby, we prayed over my pregnancy, delivery, and our little boy's life; and Jesus certainly answered our prayers. We are so, so thankful, and so happy with our little family.

Isn't he just beautiful?


I can't wait for all of the years to come of being this boy's mama. He has completely stolen my heart.

It's funny; while I was pregnant I loved him so much, yet as much as I loved him without even knowing him, I cannot help but love him all the more now that I'm able to hold him in my arms. My heart has never been so full. Not to mention that I have completely fallen in love with my husband all over again just by watching him love on our boy. I love that man.


Little one, you are a treasure. Your mama and your daddy love you beyond measure; and as much as we love you, know that God loves and cherishes you more than we ever could. I can't wait to teach you about Jesus alongside of your daddy, and watch you grow up into a man who loves our God. I'm so excited to see what life brings you, and watch God's plans for you unfold.

I love you Jack,
Love Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment